When water emergencies strike, make sure to leave your water cleanup operations to the experts at Roto-Rooter. We understand the need to get your home or office back in order as quickly as possible. Cleaning a home after water damage is an extensive and important task. We advise against trying to manually clean the damage yourself with convenience home products. Your carpet, walls, & floor coverings are porous which means simple cleaning will not suffice, and an extensive water damage cleaning by professionals is required. Surface cleaning only removes visible contamination, but significant quantities of microorganisms are often left behind, which can potentially cause health problems as well as unpleasant odors.
Our trained professionals at Roto-Rooter will thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize all surfaces affected by water damage. This guarantees the proper elimination of all disease-causing bacteria, fungi, and other viruses before the area is safe for living in again. We utilize an approved process that offers protection against germs, mold, mildew, and odors, which includes the following crucial steps: Cleaning of contents and affected areas; Removal of non-salvageable possessions and structures; When applicable, application of antimicrobial agents and deodorizers; Air cleaning, using state-of-the-art equipment; Deodorizing. Our trained and certified water restoration professionals are accredited by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certificate. We offer FREE Inspections.
What Is Mold?
Mold consists of microscopic fungi spores that exist everywhere. They live indoors and outdoors and thrive on moisture. To properly treat mold infected areas, the cause of the leak or source must first be found and addressed.
What Causes Mold?
The main causes of mold include humidity, leaking pipes, leaking roof, condensation, poor ventilation or flooding. Mold can start to grow in as little as 24-48 hours.
Types Of Mold
Is Mold Dangerous?
Contrary to popular belief “black mold” or Stachybotrys chartarum is not more dangerous to humans than any other type of mold. Some people tend to be more sensitive to certain types of mold spores causing them health issues. The best way to limit exposure to mold is to allow professionals like the trained and certified ones at Roto Rooter to remove all mold from your home or business.
What Should I Do?
Molds are persistent and hard to eliminate without the help of professionals, once they take hold in your home.
When to Contact a Professional
- When you find black or greenish mold anywhere in your home.
- When areas of mold, of any color, are large or show up in several different places at the same time.
- When you have health issues such as mold allergies, asthma, and any other compromised pulmonary function or auto-immune disease.
- If you can smell mold, but you can’t find the mold or moisture problem.
- If there is so much mold that you can’t remedy the problem easily.
- You notice condensation on the inside of your windows. That is more than enough moisture for mold to grow indoors.
- You smell a musty or moldy odor, especially if it’s stronger when the windows and doors are closed.