Roto-Rooter offers fully comprehensive services for your residential plumbing needs. You can trust our trained experts to provide a quality service in a timely manner. For everything from clean-water piping and water heaters to the grittier areas like septic systems. We have you covered!
Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Your dishwasher connects to your kitchen sink’s water supply line. To get rid of spent water at the end of a cycle, it depends on the sink’s drainage system. If you have a clog in your sink’s plumbing, water will back up into your dishwasher. Roto-Rooter installs and replaces all dishwasher brands and we hook up their water supply lines and drains to provide you with years of trouble-free service. Roto-Rooter’s licensed residential plumbing specialists also install refrigerator water lines to keep ice makers and drinking stations supplied with clean, fresh water. Dishwashers and water lines are some of our most common kitchen plumbing jobs.
Many of Roto-Rooter’s residential plumbing service calls involve garbage disposers. They may be one of the most misused appliances in any home. Few people realize that garbage disposers are only designed to handle light food residue that people rinse from plates and cooking utensils. Large quantities of food and debris going into disposers can overwhelm them and clog the kitchen sink drain. Few things are more frustrating than a kitchen sink that won’t drain but Roto-Rooter will repair or replace broken disposers and get your sink back to normal in no time.
Faucets & Sinks
Roto-Rooter’s skilled plumbers can handle any faucet repair or replacement whether part of a kitchen sink, bathroom sink, bathtub, shower, wet bar, laundry room, water shut-off valves or even an outdoor hose bib. Faucets contain moving parts and they break and wear out over time. Out of all of the residential plumbing companies in North America nobody repairs and replaces more faucets than Roto-Rooter. We can also solve any sink clog; repair or replace an existing sink or install a new one wherever you need it, whether in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, or bar.
Floor drains are essential for removing and preventing standing water in areas which are prone to flooding. These drains are most commonly present in basements, garages, laundry rooms, patios, and sometimes in older bathrooms. In order for a floor drain to do its job, it must remain unclogged and clear of all debris. Roto-Rooter will unclog your floor drains the same way we clean a sewer or sink drain. We’ll use an electric Roto-Rooter drain cleaning machine that cuts through any and all blockages inside the pipe. Your drains will flow like new and give you trouble-free service for a long time.
Septic Tank Pumping
A Roto-Rooter pump truck will quickly pump out your septic tank and haul away the waste to an approved treatment and processing facility. We obey all environmental laws and regulations to ensure that septic tank waste is responsibly processed and poses no environmental hazards. We will inspect your septic system for leaks, signs of back-up and proper operation. Septic systems should be inspected by a professional every 3 years. Additionally, systems with mechanical or electrical components typically require annual checks. We can also assess the scum and sludge layers in your tank to determine an appropriate pumping schedule.
Septic Tank Repair and Installation
A Roto-Rooter engineering services team can repair or replace damaged septic tanks Most Roto-Rooter locations have septic tank experts who service, repair, pump and replace septic tanks and associated drain fields. Roto-Rooter can repair or replace damaged septic tanks and keep your septic system in peak operating condition. We are septic system professionals with full excavation capabilities to handle repairs and replacements of every size.
We service drainage field pipes to get your septic system back in its most efficient operating condition. We have full excavation capabilities to handle jobs big or small. Roto-Rooter can repair or replace damaged drain field pipes/ lateral lines to allow for a more effective and trouble-free septic system. We offer environmentally-friendly septic tank treatment products that are a high-potency formulation of cultured bacteria, which are vital for proper septic tank operation.
Aerobic Treatment System
Aerobic treatment systems are on-site sewage treatment systems that use forced air to treat wastewater and surface application or drip irrigation to disperse the treated wastewater. They may also be used to replace subsurface systems that are failing due to high groundwater and/or poor soil. While aerobic systems may be designed without performing a soil test, it is recommended that a soil profile be performed at the site. Based on the results of the soil profile, you may be able to reduce the size of the dispersal field or install a subsurface system.
While initial cost of a system is often, the bottom line, don’t forget the yearly maintenance costs of a system or the total five year cost of the system. Yearly maintenance costs vary with each type of system that will affect the 5-year total cost of the system. The initial cost plus the maintenance cost over a five year period provides a different view of the bottom line.
Shower and Tub
Today’s bathrooms feature an array of shower and tub designs. Most are conventional tub & shower combinations, others are ornate with a variety of water jets, shower heads, and faucet designs. Roto-Rooter’s licensed plumbing specialists are masters of all shower repairs, bathtub drain repairs, water pressure issues, and even installations/replacements.
If you have a problem toilet that always seems to clog, constantly run, leak, lacks flushing power, or if you need any sort of toilet repair or replacement, Roto-Rooter’s licensed residential plumbing specialists can solve the problem.
- Clogs – Is there a more helpless feeling than when a toilet won’t flush? Water rises in the bowl and begins spilling onto the floor as panic sets in. If a toilet requires plunging on a regular basis, there is probably an obstruction in the trap or further down the drainpipe. It may even be a symptom of a bigger problem farther down the sewer line. We’re experts at dealing with clogged toilets.
- Running toilets – If you hear water running in your toilet tank for extended periods after a flush, then your toilet is leaking. It is dumping water down the overflow tube and wasting up to 200 gallons of water daily. The problem may be a corroded overflow pipe or flush valve assembly. Sometimes the culprit is a worn out flapper valve. Stop jiggling the handle and call Roto-Rooter. Chances are you’ll save enough money on your next few water bills to cover the cost of the plumbing repair.
Video Camera Line Inspection
A video camera pipe inspection allows for a real-time visual inspection of underground sewer lines and other piping determining the condition inside the pipe. First, the plumbing expert inserts a flexible fiber optic cable with a specially designed high-resolution video camera on its tip, into the pipe for inspection. As the operator pushes the cable through the pipe, the hardened waterproof camera equipped with powerful lights, records the journey and its findings. The camera then transmits video images back to the camera operator, who can make an informed diagnosis of any problem found. The video inspection can be saved for a permanent record.
Video cameras may be used to identify pipe damage and obstructions that inhibit proper flow or create occasional or repeated backups. Following service, the camera verifies if the obstructions are gone and that the lines are clean. A visual inspection using an in-line camera is typically required to determine the condition of a pipe.
Our plumbers know all about conventional gas and electric water heaters as well as newer tankless (on- demand) water heaters. Don’t stress over water heater repairs, Roto-Rooter will take your residential plumbing problems off your back. You may purchase a water heater through us or pick up one from the supplier of your choice and hire Roto-Rooter to install it.
- Life Expectancy – A conventional water heater should last about 11 years, tankless heaters have a life expectancy of 15-20 years. Hard water will shorten the life, while regular maintenance will prolong it.
- Efficiency – Many consider Tankless Heaters to be more energy efficient than conventional heaters because they don’t have to continually heat a tank of water. Whenever a hot water tap opens, tankless heaters instantly heat the water inside. However, not all conventional heaters are created equally. The most heavily insulated models like the A.O. Smith brand rival tankless heaters for efficiency and require no special modifications to your power supply, gas lines or ventilation.
Sewer & Water Line Repairs
Roto-Rooter does more than just clear your drains. We can also repair or replace water and sewer lines to correct a number of problems, including:
- Broken, cracked, offset or collapsed pipe – damaged pipes due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Blockage – grease buildup or a foreign object is restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the line.
- Corrosion – the pipe has deteriorated and/or broken, causing collapses in the line and restricting flow.
- Bellied pipe – a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects paper and waste.
- Leaking joints – the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration – tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer line, preventing normal cleaning and/or have damaged the line.
- Off-grade pipe – A pipe may deteriorate or corrode if it is built with substandard materials.
Traditional Repair Method
- Sewer line experts usually use the “open cut” or “trench” method. This helps the expert gain access to the area surrounding the damaged portion of the pipe. However, they may need a backhoe to open and refill the work area.
Trenchless Repair Methods
- Thanks to Roto-Rooter, sewer line replacement doesn’t mean destroyed yards, ruined driveways, or devastated parking lots. Roto-Rooter’s Trenchless Repair causes less damage than traditional repair methods. Trenchless Repair is our next step in quality sewer maintenance with less environmental impact.
- We make small access holes where the damaged pipe starts and ends by using your broken sewer line as a guide, our hydraulic machine pulls full-sized replacement pipe through the old path and breaks up the damaged pipe at the same time. The new pipe is highly resistant to leaks and root intrusion, with a long life expectancy.